Top 5 Advantages of Cast Aluminum Furniture
If you have been on the lookout for furniture for your living space, you'd be the first to agree that the choices before you are many, which makes it a challenging experience. For starters, the wide variety of materials can be a bit confusing. In the past, there were just different kinds of wood. Today, wood is passe. Busy lifestyles require materials that are light, low maintenance and sturdy. So, the market has come up with steel, wrought iron, fiber and so on. So, where does cast aluminum furniture stand in the melee of new age materials? What are its advantages? Read on.
Cast aluminum has several advantages:
- Lightweight: Pieces of furniture made from aluminum are light enough to be carried from place to place at will but strong and sturdy enough to stand firm.
- Durable: Aluminum is famous for its resistance to rust and corrosion. In fact, it is even used in spacecrafts and rockets because of its durability.
- Designs: Aluminum has evolved over the years. In the past, aluminum was used only for a select number of items like folding chairs. Today, the technique involved in making cast aluminum makes it possible to create several designs. Intricate detailing is one of the most attractive features of cast aluminum furniture. Thus, fresh designs and minute details come out all the time.
- Weather proof: Aluminum weathers well. It can withstand different ranges of temperature. Heat, cold, rain, sunlight and salt air do not affect the material. Therefore, it is ideal for outdoor spaces where furniture is exposed to the elements.
- Maintenance: For people with busy lifestyles, maintaining furniture in good condition with minimum work is a top priority. Aluminum furniture does not require much work. Wiping the piece regularly ensures that it is clean. Once in a while, you can hose down the pieces and they are as good as new.
From the properties listed above, it is obvious that aluminum furniture is hardy, sturdy and durable. As such, it is best suited for a patio or a garden, even though it sits just as well within the house. Unlike wrought iron furniture (which is often compared to aluminum), there is no fear of rusting or chipping. Unlike furniture made of wood, aluminum is easy to clean and lightweight.
Outdoor furniture made of aluminum could be cast or frame furniture. Cast furniture is made using moulds. These pieces are elegant and attractive. Frame furniture has frames as well as a mesh back. The frames may be hollow or solid. These pieces are less expensive when compared to cast aluminum furniture.
When compared to wood, cast aluminum furniture is not expensive. However, when these pieces are manufactured by skilled craftsmen, as opposed to being machine made and mass produced, the cost goes up because of the quality of the work involved. The cost also depends on the weight of the furniture. Look for warranty on the pieces you buy in order to enjoy maximum returns on your investment.
So, if you want outdoor furniture that looks good, weathers well and does not burn a hole in your pocket, cast aluminum furniture is the best option for you.